31 Jan Sharing a Heartfelt Thanks from Our Homes
Your generosity has significantly impacted the lives of our children who God has entrusted to our care. While providing a safe and nurturing home is our mission at Children of Hope, none of this would have been possible without your generosity. Your support through prayers and financial donations is greatly appreciated and helps to make a positive difference in the lives of the children. We feel so blessed and grateful for having such a loving extended family, you!
Thank you for all that you do, and for making 2022 a remarkable year for our children! We wanted to take this opportunity to share with you a glimpse into a few milestones our children hit in 2022.
- 4 precious new babies joined our homes
- 6 toddlers joined kindergarten
- 8 children received specialized care and therapy for their developmental needs
- 7 children graduated high school
- 3 children entered post-secondary studies
All of this was possible because of your support.
On entering 2023, we’re excited to see what the year holds for us. As you’re probably aware, last year in November we were given a commitment of a $50,000 matching gift donation if we were able to raise another $50,000 by December 31st. Many of you joined us in this endeavor, and we are thrilled to announce that we were blessed to have exceeded our goal, by raising $111,940.
Through this amazing blessing, ALL the educational expenses for ALL the children in both our homes are covered for 2023. Because of this support, we will be able to achieve the following strides…
- We will have 103 children being loved and nurtured in our Kikuyu and Kitalale homes.
- 7 children will be joining their first year of college. This will bring it to a record high of 12 college students from both homes. It will also be the first year Kitalale children will be joining college.
- 26 will be pursuing their high school education
- 52 will be in primary school
- 7 children will be in kindergarten
- 8 children will be graduating high school at the end of 2023
All the above will be possible because of the support we received from you at the end of 2022.
A heartfelt thank you for making a huge difference in the lives of 103 children in Kenya. We are eternally grateful.
Here is a gallery of photos from our Children of Hope family at Kitalale and Kikuyu on their first day back at school!