21 Dec Children of Hope Prayer Warriors
Thank you for being a prayer warrior on behalf of our children and staff.
We believe in the power of prayer!
Our goal is to have all of the children and staff covered in prayer twice throughout the year. Each week, we will highlight a different group from our homes so you can get to know them and see their faces. Please join us in praying for them by name. We have also included some special requests at the bottom which include our ministry members.
Please pray for the children listed below in our Kikuyu and Kitalale homes in the following ways:
- Pray for their spiritual growth and that the seeds planted in their hearts by the Word of God will grow and flourish
- Pray for good physical health and growth as well as protection from disease/sickness
- Pray for determination and a strong work ethic in school
- Pray for healthy emotional growth, increased self confidence and healing from any past traumas
Please pray for the staff listed below in the following ways:
- Pray for wisdom as they make decisions on behalf of the children and the ministry
- Pray for physical and spiritual protection for them and their families
- Pray for a strong connection of love and care between the Kenyan staff and the children
Week of December 20th-26th
8 years old – 3rd grade
Loves jumping rope, singing and telling stories
Please pray for Precious in the area of making friends and learning how to be a good friend. The Aunties are working with her on this and are hoping for some growth and maturity in this area. Prior to Covid-19 Precious was doing really well in school and we are thankful for this! Please pray this success continues as she goes back to to school in January.
13 years old – 8th Grade
Loves playing soccer and handball
Zakayo is healthy, happy and maturing in every important area of life. We are so thankful for this young man and his diligence in school, work and spiritual growth.
17 years old- 10th Grade
Loves playing soccer and reading
Though shy and introverted, Baraka is a kind, respectful and responsible young man. Please pray for the Lord’s guidance in his life as he decides on future plans for studying and a career path.
15 years old- 9th grade
We praise God that Griffin has a strong faith. He loves the Word of God and worshiping on Sundays. Please pray that his fire for the Lord continues to burn bright through his whole life.
- Marion Chepkoech- Housekeeping at the Kitalale Home
- Swin Akhabester– Housekeeping at the Kikuyu Home
- All classes for the children are scheduled to resume January 4th and everyone is busy preparing to ensure uniforms and supplies are ready. Please pray for a smooth transition back to school for the kids.
- In previous year, our kids spend December going home with a staff member. Each staff take 1, 2 or even 3 kids home to spend the time with their family. It’s been a precious time for everyone and just this week they did the same. Everyone is taking the utmost caution with COVID-19. The staff and the children were so excited; it was a much needed break for them all. Prayers for safety and sweet time with our staff families.
- Please pray there will be faithful and generous giving for the ministry during this year-end time.