22 Oct Children of Hope Prayer Warriors
Thank you for being a prayer warrior on behalf of our children and staff.
We believe in the power of prayer!
Our goal is to have all of the children and staff covered in prayer twice throughout the year. Each week, we will highlight a different group from our homes so you can get to know them and see their faces. Please join us in praying for them by name. We have also included some special requests at the bottom which include our ministry members.
Please pray for the children listed below in our Kikuyu and Kitalale homes in the following ways:
- Pray for their spiritual growth and that the seeds planted in their hearts by the Word of God will grow and flourish
- Pray for good physical health and growth as well as protection from disease/sickness
- Pray for determination and a strong work ethic in school
- Pray for healthy emotional growth, increased self confidence and healing from any past traumas
Please pray for the staff listed below in the following ways:
- Pray for wisdom as they make decisions on behalf of the children and the ministry
- Pray for physical and spiritual protection for them and their families
- Pray for a strong connection of love and care between the Kenyan staff and the children
Week of October 18th-24th
13 years old – School for special needs
Loves playing with a ball
Please pray for Daniel’s continued growth in the area of social skills and personal tasks such as getting dressed and putting on shoes.
10 years old – 4th Grade
Loves playing hide and go seek
Clara is doing very well in school and loves to be with her friends. Please continue to pray for growth in the area of following rules and submitting to authority.
16 years old- 10th grade
Loves playing soccer and helping cook
The staff has recently seena change in Issa’s work ethic and note that he is now willing to help around the home more and work hard at assigned tasks. We praise God for his growth and maturity in this area.
17 years old- 11th grade
Loves dancing and helping with chores
We praise God that Serah has recovered from some health challenges she was having earlier this year. We are also thankful she is also a very focused and dedicated student.
- Stella Chepkorir– Auntie at the Kitalale Home
- Irene Muthoni– Auntie at the Kikuyu Home
- With just one week notice, the government of Kenya announced that the children would begin school in-person again (Previously they had said thsi would not happen until January). They started with grades 4, 8 and 12 and will soon be adding the other grades. Please pray for the kids as they transition back to daily school with masks and other added safety precautions.
- Pray for Isaac Kimani and all children with special needs at our homes. The staff at the homes is working hard to see that they make progress with therapy and rehabilitation. They’ve continued to see positive results which is such a praise!
- Pray for a hedge of protection around our children and staff as they stay safe from the COVID-19 virus. So far there have been no cases in either of our homes.